Join our team as a Backend Engineer (remote or onsite) and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team ("You build it, you run it"), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
Overall, we are 8 teams located in Germany and Spain. In total, the P&E department consists of 80 people, ranging from Engineers and Designers to Product and Engineering Managers.
Personio in Madrid is the team that’s driving our Personio Payroll Engine towards our vision of Payroll Automation.
Our challenge is to build a robust system that allows us to generate a huge number of payslips and that’s able to adapt to different countries and their specific legal requirements in an agile way. Right now, we transform our "Rails" application into a more decoupled application following the principles of Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture and SOLID.
- You have experience in web development (from design to deployment and monitoring in production)
- Strong OO design skills (SOLID 100%)
- Knowledge with automated testing and of when and what to test
- Experience in CI/CD, Pull/Merge Request and code reviews
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Good written and spoken English
- Salary range: Around 45k
- We’re remote friendly (upto 100%)
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support to Spain and 26 paid vacation days
- 1,500 Euro development budget, which you can use as you wish
- A permanent contract and weekly English classes
- Grant for transport and food approx € 68 per month
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headset with noise cancellation
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping a company in its rapid growth and to grow and learn from your tasks
- A creative working environment and short decision-making paths
- Full responsibility for your area
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany)
- An office in the heart of Madrid (La Castellana), close to Metro and public transportation.
☎️ Información de contacto
Submit an application here: https://personio-jobs.personio.de/job/122020?_pc=84197#apply
You can also email us directly in case you have questions at email@example.com