Hi! We’re looking for a Rails developer!
We’re Localistico, a London-based startup with a team of ~20 people. We have been running for 3 years. Together the members of our team have worked in companies like Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Vodafone, Tuenti and Yelp, among others. We have offices in both central London and Madrid, although our team works remotely most of the time (with quarterly in-person meetups).
We’re looking for a Rails Developer to help us grow and build the platform - somebody with a strong drive to leave their mark in a product and help build something from the ground up and willing to be in continuous learning mode.
Localistico backend is based on a mix of Ruby on Rails and Python components: Rails for the main functions and API and Python for data processing and integration. Data storage is mostly PostgreSQL, Redis/resque and ElasticSearch. Our frontend is a web app in Ember.js. Our whole deployment is cloud based with Shippable+Heroku+AWS, but we are currently migrating to Google Cloud. We use GitHub as code repository and JIRA for issues and project management.
We are a local marketing platform. Our tool helps brick & mortar business owners and marketing teams to manage their digital presence and track their location analytics in order to do better digital marketing, get more clients to their locations and gather better insights about how to improve their spend.
We’re generating early revenue and our current clients include brands like Vodafone, Starbucks, Camper or Bershka.
Your task is to contribute to make Localistico the best local marketing platform ever, obviously!
Your focus will be working alongside the Rails team, with an initial focus on all the webapp-facing APIs. You will work with our more senior developers engineering the best way to select, query and present data across the application.
We would like you to:
- have strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails development, ideally +3 years of experience.
- have experience with RESTful web services.
- be comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment.
- be knowledgeable with third party API integrations.
- write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- have other experience, such as having worked as part of a bigger Rails team, experience in remote work or familiarity with other areas of the stack would be good for extra brownie points, but is not mandatory. Of course, be sure to mention it just in case :)
- be located in a timezone that overlaps most of the team (GMT / GMT+2).
What we offer:
- Flexible location and hours: we are a distributed team and we plan by goals, not times - work from wherever you are happiest and feel most productive. For when we need an office, we have them in London and Madrid.
- Creative work: don’t just execute to guidelines but be a defining part of a great team tackling an interesting problem and help us drive the solution and the company culture.
- Competitive salary and equity participation (via stock option scheme), according to location and experience. Ask us for details if you’d like to discuss, we’re very open about this. We want everybody that is part of the project to share the uptake as we share the work.
More info about us:
We have been part of Telefonica Wayra UK accelerator and SeedRocket. We have also raised additional funding from several (amazing) angels. Our client focus for the next months is mostly businesses in the verticals of retail, hospitality/restoration and health/beauty across Europe, with focus on UK and Spain.
We’re looking for the type of person that is always learning and feeling ready to take new challenges (despite it being scary sometimes!). We’d love to hear if you have some hobby or activity you’re passionate about, apart from your work (everybody on the team has at least one!). We would particularly like if you feel comfortable collaborating with others and discussing technical solutions and alternatives to a problem.
If you are proactive, resourceful, very hands-on and ready to learn as part of a team taking our platform to the next level… we’d love you to join us!
Please, apply through the button below and we’ll reach you as soon as we review your info. As a note: we’re not looking to externalize development so if you’re a development agency, please don’t apply.
Looking forward to talk with you soon! :)
☎️ Información de contacto
You can fill the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1agSzZt9P0mfUFm27Exo5L0yM4yiG9VT-Vx19EF81qjQ