At XING Events we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our many online communities. For that we are offering e.g. the events market (xing.com/events), the communities (xing.com/communities) and also an online event ticketing solution (en.xing-events.com/our-services/ticketing).
In our Barcelona office, you will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
A challenging task
- Work within a new cross-functional team that uses the Ruby on Rails, React, iOS, and Android technology stacks.
- Implement and test features in the web and backend parts of the app. Work within the XING technology environment, including GitHub, ElasticSearch, MySQL, RabbitMQ etc.
- Take part in the creation of completely new products and features.
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users to meet and exchange online and offline, or innovate existing ones such as such as com/communities.
A convincing background
- You are a passionate web developer with experience in Ruby on Rails, HTML/CSS, and JS.
- You are used to test your code (unit tests, TDD).
- You have a university or polytechnical degree in software engineering or relevant experience.
- You like to stay on the cutting edge of software development and have been building applications that serve the user and scale seamlessly.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills (English a must, any other languages optional)
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe.
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…• Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and we also organise public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/xing_esp
☎️ Información de contacto
Send your application to Cristina.email@example.com indicating that you have seen the offer in Trabajosrails.com