CARTO empowers everyone, from business analysts to data scientists, to turn location data into business outcomes. Our SaaS platform offers visual insights on where things happen, why they happen and predicts what will happen in the future. We accelerate innovation, find efficiencies, power new use cases, and disrupt business models through the use of location intelligence (LI).
This position is based out of our Madrid, Spain office, but you can also work remotely, as long as you're in Spain.
- Initiative, can-do attitude and eagerness to learn!
- Curiosity, energy, and a collaborative mindset. Our product team works very closely. We discuss a lot, and we make sure that everything we build makes contextual sense
- As a backend developer in our product team you will build and improve our Dashboard, Builder and other APIs that power CARTO’s platform while, at the same time, you contribute with your code to the most powerful open source Location Intelligence platform in the world.
One project we recently worked on was the ability to export/import CARTO users data which allowed us to migrate hundreds of thousands of users between different infrastructures with no downtime. This project involved getting deep in legacy code, understanding and improving databases bottlenecks and implementing a resilient asynchronous jobs strategy in Ruby on Rails.
We are currently building a new comprehensive authentication and authorization system ranging from fine-grained permissions to authentication via OAuth.
We care about having a well-maintained platform and believe in providing excellent support to our users. We get our hands dirty (and learn if necessary) by looking at SQL queries or debugging Ruby on Rails code on a Linux server. We heavily rely on tests so we can refactor and improve our code confidently.
We have a passion for clean code. We achieve that through collaboration. At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. We'd ❤️ to get to know you even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Quarterly internal hackathons to unleash your creativity working on improving CARTO
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment at the center of Madrid
- A bright, comfortable office, stocked with snacks, good coffee, and even a ping-pong table, a self-built arcade and cinema :)
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit:
Información de contacto
We are not looking for anyone else at the moment. Thanks for your interest! ❤️